Mario and Luigi campaign shirt for the 2008 election, starting at $14.99!
If you’re going to root for anybody this upcoming year, it might as well be two famous video game cartoon plumbers!
Here’s some interesting things I picked up while reading the Mario entry over at Wikipedia:
- Mario’s full name is Mario Mario. Yep, Mario is his first and last name, although Nintendo doesn’t really play up on this too much. It’s just so that calling Mario and Luigi together as the “Mario Bros.” makes more sense.
- Mario was named after a rambunctious landlord of the former Nintendo offices.
- Mario and his brother Luigi are from Brooklyn, New York!
- Call me an idiot, but I never put these two together: Mario travels through pipes because he is a plumber. I just thought that’s how the Mushroom kingdom worked and it never occurred to me that the other characters might just walk everywhere.
- Mario’s voice (along with Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, and Toadsworth) are all voiced my Charles Martinet. See a video of him below.
This interview kinda sucks, but that’s ok. I was only watching to hear him do the various voices.