The new year is just a few hours away, so I thought I’d take some time to look through my music library to pick out some albums that I really liked this year. It get’s increasingly hard to pick a “best” album each year, so here’s 6 that stood out among the rest of the new music that flowed through my ears.
- Phoenix – Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
- Athlete – Black Swan
- Mat Kearney – City of Black and White
- Mute Math – Armistice
- Passion Pit – Manners
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs – It’s Blitz
Directly below are albums that include more than a few tracks that I liked but overall, I couldn’t stand to listen to these albums from beginning to end without skipping a few tracks. That’s not to say that they shouldn’t catch your ear though.
- Jay-Z – The Blueprint 3
- Calvin Harris – Ready For The Weekend
- Rob Thomas – Cradlesong
- Relient K – Forget And Not Slow Down
And finally, here are this year’s two best mixtapes which are generally available for free download if you do a quick Google search.
- Donnis – Diary of an ATL Brave (presented by 10.DEEP)
- Chiddy Bang – The Swelly Express
If you aren’t convinced of my choices above, please feel free to chime-in in the comments section under this post and tell me what you think I ought to be listening to instead. I’m always open to suggestions.