If you want to watch one video that tells you how terrible the GoPro Karma drone is -- make it this one from iPhonedo. Not only does this comparison video of the Karma and the DJI Mavic Pro show that the Karma is severely lacking in features, but it also shows how dumbed-down the controller is and how frustrating the remote control is to set up and use compared to the Mavic Pro's.
Here are a list of really bad things that I've learned about the GoPro Karma from this one video:
- The gimbal has a whiny noise that can be heard in recordings when used in standalone mode.
- The software is super buggy (the timestamp bug is a major oversight on GoPro's part).
- The remote is garbage. Just...garbage.
- The battery life on the Karma drone is not good. Not good at all.
- The gimbal has a calibration issue where the horizon is sometimes not level.
- The battery life on the gimbal is a joke.
More than ever, it seems GoPro needs a hero.